1. My family moved from Nebraska to Illinois when I was three. During the move, I got stung by a bumblebee on my big toe!
2. When I’m stopped in traffic and I see someone singing along to a song in their car, I try to figure out what radio station they’re listening to.
3. When I was in elementary school and junior high, I ran in track meets. My event was the mile and I loved it. But when I went to a large suburban high school, I was too scared to try out for the track team and I gave up running.
4. I was a waitress at Pizza Hut in high school. Not a good tipping job.
5. When my youngest sister, who was in high school, told me I should date her Youth Leader, I just laughed. Years later I started dating him and we’ve been married for over 12 years.
6. I used to hate asparagus and now I love it. Believe, I tell my kids this story a lot when they complain about food they don’t like.
7. My other sister always gives me her mushrooms.
8. I had my first baby at the same age my mom was when she had her last baby; we were 35 years old.
9. I can’t believe I’m so old that I had breast cancer 19 years ago. Yes, I was very young.
10. I still love reading real books, real magazines, and actual newspapers.
11. I hate being late, and yet now that I’m a mother, I usually am late!
Link up a post to the Spin Cycle this week! Our prompt is Just Write! Click here to link up!
Do you need a book to read? Read my review of Angelhood, by A.J. Cattapan.