When I was diagnosed with cancer back in my 20’s, I never even thought to write a bucket list. I wasn’t planning on dying, and there were still plenty of things I wanted to do…but I never wrote them down. Eighteen years later I’ve done so many things that I’m sure wouldn’t have even made my bucket list. I went on a zip line, drove from Chicago to Yellowstone, have been published, and HAD KIDS! Life is pretty amazing sometimes, and I’ve been very blessed.
- I have been to a lot of National Parks, but I would like to visit even more! On our last trip to the Southwest we weren’t able to go to the National Parks in Utah like Arches and Bryce Canyon. I really want to go, and I think this will happen some day because Ed is a National Park fanatic. He’s turning me into one, too!
- Ed and I drove to Yellowstone before we had kids. I want to drive there with Lily and Emmy, and stop at all the cool places between here and there! Mount Rushmore, the Badlands, and Devil’s Tower are on that list!
- I have had a short story in three different anthologies. Wouldn’t it be marvelous if I could write a whole book on my own and have it published? I’ve been thinking about this for a couple of years now, and need to get writing!
- I want to knit a scarf. Really, truly, and for sure. I know how to knit and I enjoy it, but I haven’t finished anything more than a doll blanket for Lily.
- Speaking of unfinished projects, I want to finish sewing my quilt. I know I’ve mentioned this a few times…maybe I need to stop writing about it and get out the sewing machine.
- Take voice lessons again. I was taking voice lessons last spring, but then my wonderful teacher moved to Florida. I haven’t really looked for a new teacher yet.
- Make pie like my mom. She made a killer pie crust. Oh, yes, it sounds easy, but her crust was the flakiest and most tender crust I have ever had. Nothing from a restaurant or store comes even close to her pie crust. My own crust is too thick, and I work with it too much. I haven’t developed that pie crust touch yet. I think I will have to practice my pie making skills this Thanksgiving.
- Send my children to college, preferably with blogging money. Highly unlikely, but I can always dream, can’t I?
- Ride a horse for real, not just a rental horse that goes on a path.
- Travel to Paris and visit the Louvre. I’m not sure I’m going to take Ed with me on this trip. He may not have the patience to look at all that art!
What’s on your bucket list?
[Tweet “What’s one thing on your bucket list? #TuesdayTen”]