Today is National “Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk” Day, so Lisa and Rabia decided to have Tuesday Ten be all about things that make us cry.
10. Onions. It’s true. Whenever I chop onions, I cry like crazy. It’s not just an old wives tale but a real problem.
9. People complaining about the weather. I know, I’m going to get in trouble for this one. Let me give you a little preschool lesson. What month is it? That’s right, it’s February. What season is it? Winter. Where do we live? Northern Illinois. We always have cold and snowy weather in February, and the last time it was unseasonably warm in March, the apple orchards got confused and we had a terrible local crop of apples. That made me cry, too.
8. Country music: See the following.
7. Kip Moore – “Hey Pretty Girl”
Hey pretty girl, when I see the light
And it’s my time to go,
I’m gonna thank the Lord for a real good life
A Pretty little girl and a beautiful wife.
6. Tim McGraw – “Don’t Take the Girl”
Take the very breath you gave me,
Take the heart from my chest.
I’ll gladly take her place if you’ll let me,
Make this my last request,
Take me out of this world,
God, please don’t take the girl.
5. Faith Hill – “My Wild Frontier”
Then one Calgary morning
Still as glass
While my baby lay sleeping, an angel slipped past
And with one breath said I’m taking him back
To his Father in Heaven.
4. Hymns my mother sang. When we sing them in church, I can still hear my mother’s voice, singing as clear as a bell. And that makes me cry.
3. Watership Down, by Richard Adams. That last sentence kills me every time I read it.
2. Baptisms. Every time a baby is baptized at church, I tear up, and think about when my own two babies became children of God.
1. The Easter Story. The promise of eternal life and meeting God in heaven, along with my loved ones, makes me cry with joy.
What makes you cry?