When I was in college, National Smokeout Day was a big deal. I even had a mini poster of Mr. Spock encouraging people to stop smoking. It said, “Live Long and Prosper.” I’ve never smoked, but I have plenty of other bad habits that I need to stop doing!
I’m a huge procrastinator; this covers a variety of bad habits, including:
1. Putting off washing the dinner pans until the next day,
2. folding clean laundry,
3. and getting rid of junk mail! What if there’s a valuable coupon in that pile that I want to use later?
Procrastination also affects my writing. I’ll sit down to write a blog post, and do these things instead:
4. Check Facebook, scrolling down until I get to a status I’ve seen before,
5. check my email countless times, knowing there will be no new messages,
6. and decide to organize my digital photos. I also go on hunts for things I’m never going to find; I have an urge right now to go look for that Spock poster, but I’m going to get this blog post written first!
Some of my bad habits I picked up when I was a kid. I still:
7. Crack my knuckles,
8. need to clean my room,
9. and leave my bed unmade.
I do have a habit that others may think is bad, but I’m rather proud of it.
10. When I’m reading a good book or an interesting article, I can tune everything else out, even my own kids!
Do you have a habit you’d like to stop doing? Here’s a habit you should do: Stop by our Tuesday Ten hosts’ blogs every Tuesday! Lisa at The Golden Spoons and Rabia from The Lieber Family will be happy to “see” you!