I’ve always been jealous of the cousins that live close to my Grandma. When we were growing up, we saw them three or four times a year, but I always felt that my cousins knew my grandparents much better than I did. My grandma is now 90 years old, and I still don’t get to see her very often. But when I do, it’s a treat because we just don’t know how much longer she’ll be with us. She’s always surprising us, so perhaps she’ll be with us for ten or more years!
Here’s a list of some little things that I love about my grandma:
1) She always has a little trinket from her assisted living building for Lily. Once it was a 50’s car made from card stock, and another time she gave her a small, yellow monster finger puppet.
2) She loves to talk with Lily and Emmy.
3) She calls her TV shows her “programmes”.
4) When I sat down to watch a soap with her, she turned the TV off every time a sexy part came on. That was every other minute. (kissing counts!)
5) As you can guess, my grandma never talks about sex. With one exception: she tells a joke about super sex. (I have no idea who told it to her!)
6) The coffee she brews is so weak, it looks like tea.
7) She makes incredible cinnamon rolls!
8) She always brought us these delicious, crunchy homemade cookies in a coffee can. They always smelled a little bit like coffee. Yum!
9) She tells me every time I see her: she likes to sleep in a little, and so she never goes down for breakfast in the dining room. She just stays in her apartment and has a little toast with jam.
2 Replies to “Nine Things I Love About My Grandma Who’s Ninety”
Sounds like a great Grandma! Especially the weak coffee and soaps!
Awwwww, I love Grandma stories. I don't get to see mine often either – she's pushing 90 as well, and isn't strong enough to lift Xander. But she loves when he visits!